CASE STUDY: TRANSFORMATION PROJECT OFFICE
Our client is one of Canada’s largest airport companies. In recent years, it has positioned itself as a dynamic hub for passenger traffic, particularly between Europe and North America.
Its vision is to become one of the best airport managers in the world, distinguished by the quality of its passenger experience. To achieve this, with a total of more than 19 million passengers in 2018 and a sustained increase in clientele of nearly 7% each year, the company must focus on the efficiency of its processes and an innovative review of its structure and rigorous management of its project portfolio. Levio was therefore mandated to support the company in the creation of a transversal project and transformation office and in the reorganization of the numerous support services towards a shared administrative service.
The core of the mandate was to establish the project office and increase Levio’s internal credibility by achieving concrete results quickly. The A.R.T. approach (for Act, Readjust and Transform), developed by Levio, strongly focused on the involvement and accountability of key internal stakeholders. Continuous communication with stakeholders was key.
The agile and collective nature of the A.R.T. method was very appropriate for the transversal aspect of the mandate, while its concrete and field-oriented approach suited the need to develop the credibility, legitimacy and visibility of the Transformation Project Office.
The A.R.T. approach was also inspired by the foundations of Lean Six Sigma, which responded to the company’ need to optimize administrative processes and improve efficiency.
Creation of a Transformation Project Office
- Consulting in the field of project management and organizational transformations
- Roadmap, project scoping and objectives, design, architecture, requirements
- Designing a model Transformation Office
- Creation of a project portfolio governance strategy based on the A.R.T. approach.
- Coaching and training of project managers
- Stakeholder management
Shared administrative service re-organization
- Assess existing processes, roles and responsibilities, tasks, service structure and capacity management to maximize service delivery
- Change management support during the transition, implementation of the organizational transformation plan (project, communication, training, structure)
- Collaborative workshops with the following objectives:
- Clarification of roles and responsibilities and how they interact with each other
- The coherence of the work method and structure of the administrative department towards a cross-functional approach that breaks down silos.
- Flexibility in order to be able to distribute the work equitably amongst the employees in the administrative department and to gain agility.
- Optimization and standardization of work processes for the execution and monitoring of administrative tasks
- Managing their capacity to better prioritize and maximize administrative services during this period of business growth
- Transformation and portfolio management approach inspired by Agile and Cascade modes.
- Strong strategic positioning of the Office and legitimacy of their role as agents of change.
- Levio’s project management and change management tools now integrated into the client’s practices and processes.
- Restructuring of administrative services according to the Lean Six Sigma approach in collaborative mode.
- The Transformation Project Office was completed on time, on budget and within scope.
- Due to the efficiencies generated by process optimization, the client did not have to hire the three additional resources originally planned; instead, it used a single temporary resource to complete the integration of the change.
- Seamless collaboration between partner and client teams.
- In a company with a more traditional business model, a new culture of innovation has emerged.
- Levio won the client’s trust and subsequently other mandates.