Product System Reliability Engineer
Do you want to thrive in a highly collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment?
Come join our team of consultants at Levio, Canada’s leader in digital and organizational transformation.
Levio is a fertile ground to advance your career by enhancing and applying your skills and know-how. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to rapidly become an important player in ambitious projects regarding technology and software solutions.
As a member of our team, you will bring your innovation, leadership skills and passion for technology to enable our client to operate more efficiently in a fast-paced Agile software development environment, in order to provide best in class services to the firm’s clients across Business Units including Investment Banking, Research, Prime Brokerage, Fixed Income and Equities
Because this position has exposure to a wide range of cutting-edge technologies (machine learning, AI, predictive analytics, etc.) and is tightly integrated with our Agile based development teams/business sponsors, it provides significant potential for career growth for the right candidate.
- Managing critical incidents and ensuring all key management and business stakeholders are kept up to date
- Ensure Production Management is closely aligned/embedded in the Agile software development process and our code meets production standards
- Developing automated solutions to long standing problems to ensuring minimal downtime and manual effort
- Configuring application monitors using industry standard monitoring tools, as well as developing customized monitoring solutions
- Build extensive business and application knowledge required for supporting client facing applications
- Interface with clients and other technology teams to provide governance and control around the production environment
Qualifications & Experience
- 3 years of application support background on financial applications or relevant development experience
- Ability to manage an incident call and coordinate multiple teams towards a common goal of resolving the outage
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Enthusiasm for modern development tools and practices including test-driven development, agile and continuous integration
- Experience managing, deploying and troubleshooting, large scale production environments
- Knowledge of DevOps testing and code quality tools
- Strong infrastructure knowledge in Linux / Unix, Windows, Databases (Sybase, DB2 & NoSQL), Storage, Networking and Web Technologies
- Advanced Linux admin level knowledge
- Advanced Unix Shell \ Perl scripting experience
- Advanced SQL query language knowledge
- Scripting experience on Python, HTML or Java Script
Levio offers several benefits in order to provide the greatest possible flexibility to its employees!
In addition to offering a stimulating and dynamic work environment, we offer:
- A coaching approach and career advancement opportunities
- Flexible work hours
- Up to 6 weeks of vacation
- A professional development allowance of $2,500
- A comprehensive modular insurance plan
- A deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP)
- Referral bonuses
- Paid public transportation or parking
- A strong commitment to giving back to our community.
Full time, 37.5 hours/week
Levio is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran’s status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.